We know that the noble Chevaliers du Puits lived in the Château de la Tour du Puits in the Middle Ages. The Puits stronghold which gave its name to all the castle grounds belonged to Guillaume du Puits at the end of the 12th century. In 1233, just before his death and in spite of the fact that he was married, he made a donation to the Domène priory so that he could be buried there in monks clothing. His son Guigues du Puits, who resided in the Green Tower situated to the west, approved the will. After that, in the 13 th century, we find Noble Pierre du Mas and then The Manuel du Puits.
The Green Tower and the old fortified house which was outstanding for its doors and windows typical of the 15 th century, for its 17 th century ceilings and for its round tower to the north beside today's village, came into the hands of Noble Michel de Sonzier, who received 500 ecus in exchange for his possessions in Sonzier. The Sonziers also gave to the convent in Rumilly the ' Clos du Puits' and they will belong to them until 1793 when they were bought by the Ducoudray family, who sold them in 1864 to the Baron D'Alexandry d'Orangiani, mayor of Chambery and husband of Camille Cuillerie Dupont de Chambery.
The Lépigny Tower (the château's tower today), another part of the Puits estate, located 250m to the east of the Green Tower, went by mariage to the following families - Vuillod, d(Yenne, Losaz, Rochette, Berod,Jordanne de Bettonet, Beaufort. Francois de Beaufort was lord of the Puits in 1547 and then the Veigé de Lépigny family.The Lépigny tower belonged in 1600 to Noble Charles Veigé de Lépigny. In 1689 there was a chapel for St Francois. The Green Tower to the east and the Lépigny tower to the west are the main markers of a former feudal enclosure which sheltered nobles and commoners in brotherly solidarity. The modest homes moved closer to the orchards and land and only the two towers have resisted.
At the end of the 12 th and the beginning of the 18 th century, two other residences were built to the north-east and south-east of the Lépigny tower by the same family near a well.
The northern house was occupied in 1728 by noble Hyacinthe de Veigé de Lépigny.A story tells that in 1720 noble Hyacinthe de Veigé de Lépigny was prepared to marry his younger daughter to a bourgeois as he was poor and the reputation of the family had suffered: the elder daughter had given birth to an illegitimate child, supposedly with the lawyer Perret. The said Perret promised to wed the elder daughter if he was proven to be the father and if he received 10000livres.
Antoine de Gallis bought the estate in 1793 and his son-in-law sold it in 1842 to Baron Hyppolite d'Alexandry d'Orangiani, with its outhouses , for 16440 livres.
The latter also acquired another lot in 1867 for 5000 francs from the grand-sons of Benoît de Gallis, one of whom, Charles, had emigrated and become an important merchant in Lyons and Moscow while the other, Gustave, was a lieutenant in the army at Ancenis in 1875.
The residence to the south-east, next to the old Lépigny tower, belonged in 1728 to Jean-François de Lépigny and it is here that the Baron Michel d'Alexandry d'Orangiani built the Château de la Tour du Puits and kept the old tower of the Veigé de Lépigny.
Raymond Prevot, the current owner , acquired the estate in 1994.